Thursday, January 29, 2009

Skillet Lasagna

I've decided my personal life isn't interesting enough to keep this blog updated daily, so I am going to occasionally post new recipes I've created. Enjoy!

The other day I created a new dish using a soup recipe but altering it a bit to make it thicker, since I wasn't in the mood for soup. The end result was fabulous and tastes similar to Hamburger Helper. If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think! I'll post a picture tonight.

Skillet Lasagna

1 lb hamburger
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
1/4 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp italian seasoning (crushed)
2 cups uncooked pasta (I used a mini-lasagna noodle but corkscrew or penne would work)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Brown hamburger with onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat, drain fat. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, soup and seasonings and bring to a boil. Add pasta and simmer over medium heat, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese and serve. Garnish with additional cheese.

Very quick. Very easy. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment